Regional Enrichment Program
The Greater Peninsula Governorís STEM Academy (GPGSA) provides a series of enrichment programs through the Exploratory Saturday Series for 7th and 8th and 9th and 10th.
These enrichment programs help you to:
- Develop an Academic and Career Plan (ACP) that will prepare you for GPGSA Academy in
- Understand career options in engineering and information technology and understand the academic preparation needed to pursue these careers.
- Experience hands-on sessions, presentations, role models, and exposure to engineering and information technology related programs and activities
Exploratory Saturday Series for 7th and 8th graders
A regional series of three Saturday events (approximately 4-6 hours), designed and facilitated by GPGSA partners, to engage and inspire students to pursue careers in engineering technology, information technology and other STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) fields.
The 2017 GPGSA Saturday Series for 7th and 8th graders will begin on January 21, 2017
- Three Saturday Event Series: Connecting the Future, Automating the Future, Designing the Future
- Each event highlights a STEM theme with hands-on activities such as robotics, rockets, etc.
- Offered at regional colleges and STEM employers
- Students and parent sessions
- Interactive problem based application activities
- Guest speakers
- Understanding of engineering and engineering technology occupations
- Selective application process managed by GAITE Advisory Council
Click here to download the flier and application.
Applications due November 17, 2016.
Exploratory Saturday Series for 10th and 11th graders
Students will be introduced to engineering and information technology through interactive hands-on activities and demonstrations. Workshop presenters include guest speakers and technologists from NASA Langley Research Center, Newport News Shipbuilding, Canon Virginia, Thomas Nelson Community College, ECPI and more.
2017 GPGSA Exploratory Saturday for 9th and 10th graders will be held on February 2, 2017
Click here Applications are due December 9, 2016
Past Enrichment Program Photos
Connecting the Future
Automating the Future
Designing the Future